We are looking for a creative entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to define the platform vision, strategy, and roadmap for Gusto Wallet’s suite of financial products geared towards employees of small businesses (aka Members).
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
Financial Products at Gusto is one of the newest product segments focused on empowering personal prosperity for employees of our small business customers. The team is responsible for all things Gusto Wallet and Member experiences across web and mobile.
We are looking for a creative entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to define the platform vision, strategy, and roadmap for Gusto Wallet’s suite of financial products geared towards employees of small businesses (aka Members). This role requires a unique combination of high-level strategic thinking, deep customer obsession, technical mindset and focused execution.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with engineering, design, data science and other cross-functional partners across the Gusto ecosystem to develop strategic product for credit risk, fraud and financial products platform
- Identify emerging technology and industry trends, build business cases, and define vision, strategy, for consumer lending, banking and money movement platform
- Build fraud prevention controls, onboarding and underwriting strategies leveraging data, machine learning and detection algorithms
- Collaborate with Financial Ops, Partner Ops and Risk Ops to ensure they have the right tools to manage risk and disputes
- Encourage a culture of experimentation, learning, and a growth mindset, never settling for the status quo and constantly innovating
- Work through user, customer segment and competitive research to identify Members needs and product controls for financial products
- Define, understand, and improve key product and business metrics. Strong excitement about the business impact of your work, and can ruthlessly prioritize across the roadmap to deliver big outcomes
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Experienced building/scaling financial products, consumer credit/risk controls, data and machine learning services
- Experience driving growth of product from launch phase to scaled adoption including
- Ability to set a strategy and translate to a roadmap with end-to-end execution
- Proven track record of building financial platforms and taking them from launch to scale
- Experience and familiarity with bank technology stacks, including risk controls
- Technical skills, with experience and track record of success in building high-velocity, low-latency, high-availability services
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and system-designs, comfortable participating in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to
- Paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior leaders by articulating and building business models and supporting roadmap
- Articulate customer pain points and industry best practices
- An owner’s mindset - entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
ur cash compensation range for this role is $136,000/yr to $170,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $165,000/yr to $200,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.