Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in San Francisco, Denver, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Do you have a passion to create and optimize experiences that help build a sustainable growth loop of long-term engaged users? Are you obsessed with creating clear and simple experiences that delight users and make their lives easier? Do you live and breathe data? Do you work at the intersection of interaction design, visual design, customer empathy, business strategy, and product thinking? If so, you may be a great fit for the Senior Product Designer, Growth position at Gusto.
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to serve as the first Growth Designer dedicated to our Accountants segment. You will focus both on creating a seamless new customer onboarding experience, helping our Accountants and their clients quickly discover the value of Gusto.
You will help evolve Gusto’s Accountant segment into an opinionated partner that guides our customers to solutions which solve real needs, while driving toward substantial business growth.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Develop the vision for the Accountants segment end-to-end customer journey which spans from the top of funnel, into onboarding, through to adding all Accountant’s Clients onto Gusto’s platform
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into hypotheses and informed design decisions
- Define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs as part of a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with our products across customer journeys
- Lean into service design techniques to work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales to develop priorities and drive toward key KPIs
- Go beyond best practices and think outside of the box when it comes to growth design strategies
- Mentor designers and cross-functional partners in how best to approach problems, moving quickly and driving high quality and impactful outcomes
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion and strong cross-functional collaboration
- Use brand guidelines effectively to create experiences that build our brand and achieve business goals
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Strong expertise across business strategy, product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, evidence of a hypothesis-driven design approach, and focus on the business impact of the designs you ship
- A pro at using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
- Strategic thinker who has experience working across the entire customer journey
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and advocator
- Service design experience and/or understanding of how use service design techniques to maximize cross-functional customer and business impact
- Ability to work at different altitudes; strategic visualizations in support of long-term design goals to detailed user flows and design specs
- Expert in combining typography, layout, color, and modern user interaction patterns into strong visual communication
- Systems thinker and an eye for process improvement a plus
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127,000/yr - $174,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $154,000/yr - $212,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.