Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a Partner Development Representative, you will have the exciting opportunity to recruit, enable and grow our ecosystem of Platform partners. These partners consist of some of the most innovative and trusted startups, vertical SaaS software, accounting software and much more.
A primary responsibility of this role will be to execute a strategy for acquiring and nurturing platform partners aligned to several segments. The ability to identify, prioritize and build relationships with the most strategic of these partners is essential. The right individual will need to focus on driving top line revenue growth through these partners. They will also work to ensure each partner chooses Gusto as the preferred platform for their customers.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn how to influence decision makers at the executive level, as well as the proven ability to interact with many stakeholders. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate clearly. Success criteria for this position will be to drive new meetings and pipeline for the accounts and segments assigned.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Scheduling meetings through targeted outreach in named accounts
- Qualify leads as sales opportunities through targeted outreach, cold calls and emails
- Work closely with Partnerships, Marketing and Product to execute platform strategy for pipeline generation and new logo acquisition
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Partner Development team, Marketing) to further develop partner strategies and processes.
- Utilize CRM systems and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- 2+ years’ experience in sales or business development
- Presentation experience positioning solutions to partners that are relevant to their industry or target market.
- Prospecting experience for partners from and into a senior executive level to identify new revenue opportunities in a focused market space
- Strong work ethic
- Is open to feedback and coaching
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $56,000-$81,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $70,000-102,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.