IT Infrastructure Engineer (Virtualization)
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll every month for small businesses and their employees. Our clients trust us with a huge amount of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI), including SSNs, EINs, salaries, home addresses, and more. Our business is largely built on trust, as a result protecting our clients’ PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will focus on our Virtualization platform. We are looking for an expert on the VMware tech stack. Working within the IT Core Infrastructure team, you will focus on enhancing our virtualization offerings as we scale to support our growth.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage and support VMWare technologies in the datacenter and cloud
- Identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements
- Work with the team to shift off our on-premise VMware environment to AWS
- Build highly-available, scalable virtualization solutions in AWS
- Troubleshoot and forecast (vSphere HA, DRS, FT, VMFS datastores, VSAN, VMWare switching and networking configurations, ESXi advanced configurations, esxcli, VMFS, NFS, vSAN, Horizon View, etc)
- Automate and script virtualization operations where appropriate
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience managing VMware technologies
- 3+ years experience with scripting and automation (Powershell / Python preferred)
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management (Ansible, Git, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Ability to explore data sets, and perform host, application and network level analysis.
- Understanding of enterprise security approaches, including Group Policy Management, Kerberos and PKI Authentication
- Certifications in VMWare technologies (Preferred)
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS (Preferred), Azure, or GCP
- Understanding of MSSQL
- Experience with Hashicorp Packer or similar technology preferred
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127K - $143K per year in Denver & most remote locations, and $151K - $173K per year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.