Strategic Account Manager (Partner Sales)
at Gusto (View all jobs)
Our Partner Sales team is growing and we are excited to hire the next members of our Partner Sales Team in Denver. We’re seeking an experienced sales professional with a track record of success in achieving new business and growing a current book of business. The ideal candidate will be driven, organized and display a natural ability to build rapport and trust. We’re looking for that perfect blend of sales drive coupled with a customer-service mentality that will help us create loyal, happy partners.
Gusto partners with Accountants whose customers are small business owners. You will work with larger firms to onboard their entire book of business. It’s your job to understand their needs and the needs of their clients in order to properly convey Gusto’s value proposition. You’ll manage the ongoing relationship with each accounting firm while continuing to work to add new accountants and locations to your growing book of business.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Focus on the year of year growth of Gusto’s relationships with strategic accounts including national accounts, top Gold Partner firms, and emerging advisory firms.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with multiple stakeholders in each firm
- Listen carefully to understand customer needs and communicate Gusto’s value proposition to each business unit with the firm
- Own the accounting firm relationship, helping them ramp additional clients & keeping them up to date on new product developments & best practices to get the most out of the Gusto platform
- Coordinate with cross-functional peers in finance, customer onboarding, marketing, risk, and customer experience to meet the needs of your customers
- Develop and deliver joint business plans
- Penetrate the accounting firm account by convincing additional accountants and office locations to join, influencing additional SMB adds and product adoption
- Construct, forecast and manage your sales pipeline to meet company goals
- Deliver comprehensive product demos and answer technical inquiries
- Sell and execute strategic sales and marketing programs with top firms to grow their business
- Contribute accurate records and notes to a team-wide CRM
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience (SaaS, payroll, HRtech, and industry related experience selling directly to accountants is a bonus)
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing co-marketing / co-selling strategies with partnerships
- Experience closing multi-stakeholder, long term, customer contracts and deals
- Spend ~20% of your time traveling between Gusto HQs and to your accountant partners
- Technically proficient and experienced with web technologies (able to present pros/cons, use cases/examples, trends, and all that good stuff)
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, tenacious, and a top-performer with a track record of consistently exceeding quota
- “Hunter” and “gatherer” mentality. The ability to prospect for new business while nurturing and growing existing relationships
- A consummate team player who enjoys wearing multiple hats and inspiring everyone around you to do great work
- A builder who is excited to help shape the foundation for Partner Sales team in Denver office
- Amplify and grow relationships with existing accounting firms
- Identify cross-sell opportunities with each interaction
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $115,000 OTE per year to $155,00 per year in Denver and most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.