Security Operation Specialist
The Gusto Security Operation Specialist, reporting directly to the Gusto Regional Security People Empowerer (PE). They will ensure the highest levels of quality, productivity and efficiency associated with the delivery of guarding services and security support for Gusto. The Security Operation Specialist will work closely with the security specialist assigned to Gusto, Security Systems Specialist and 3rd party vendors, along with the Security Supplier Manager and representatives.
The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the day-to-day support operations of the Gusto Denver Homebase. Coordinate with the Supplier Shift Supervisors to meet daily operation needs, ensure accuracy of all reports and supporting documentation is maintained and completed in accordance with client expectations. Provides effective leadership to ensure a well-coordinated and consistent service. Recommends improvements to security policies and procedures. Build, improve and maintain relationships with both Gusties and vendors; coordinate needed support services to effectively run the operation to meet or exceed operational goals and provide quality customer service.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. As a member of our growing Physical Security team, you will be an integral part of helping build a team that is focused on developing a world-class security and safety culture. We are striving to build a program that meets our current and future needs, in alignment with our core values.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
- Program Development: The Security Operation Specialist will be responsible for the design and implementation of new processes and procedures for Gusto. The Security Operation Specialist will partner with Gusto Security PE’s and security provider to determine program requirements, design and draft new programs, ensuring collaboration and agreement from all appropriate decision makers. The Security Operation Specialist will work with the operational team to develop associated processes and procedures, conduct training where necessary, and audit to ensure successful implementation. This will include, but not be limited to: Denver Gusto Facilities.
- Personnel Manager: The Security Operation Specialist will have primary responsibility for supervising security specialists assigned to the Gusto Denver site including, but not limited to, scheduling, on-site personnel file maintenance and performance. Additionally, The Security Operation Specialist will act as the primary liaison between the Shift Supervisors, Security Specialists and the Security Provider Management. The Security Operation Specialist will be responsible for fully supporting the Gusto Regional Security People Empowerer (PE) duties & responsibilities as delegated and required. This will include, but not be limited to: Development and conducting of training sessions, Interviewing and Hiring of Security Specialists, performance evaluations, quality control audits, process & procedure implementation.
- Human and Capital Asset Protection: The Security Operation Specialist will ensure that Security Specialist performs tasks, as directed by Gusto Security PE representative and Security Provider Management, associated with the protection of human and capital assets. This will include, but not be limited to: Oversight and management of Gusto Access Control Systems development and implementation of escalation procedures, personnel protection guidance, event security, and workplace violence related issues.
- Investigations: The Security Operation Specialist will possess the knowledge and skills to perform tasks associated with due diligence investigations of corporate crimes, misconduct and other conditions which present a threat or risk to the safe and secure work environment. The Security Operation Specialist will partner with and support the Gusto PE representative and Security Provider Management objectives and initiatives in the area of Investigations. This includes, but is not limited to: Due diligence investigations; preservation of scene, collection of evidence, witness and suspect interviews, law enforcement liaison, incident report writing
- This position requires assistance related to security operations and management issues, for the Gusto site. The individual will be required to carry a cell phone. The individual is expected to respond to all security operations related issues.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as security operations manager.
- College degree in Business Administration or equivalent security management experience.
- At least 2 years of business management/support experience.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to effectively manage multiple groups of site staff.
- Effective Organizations Skills and Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal employees and external customers and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to develop, motivate and retain staff.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while having an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Key Competencies: Staff Management, Financial Management, Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Motivating and Directing Others, Drive for Results
- Must be able to work in inclimate weather as needed.
- Must be able to travel as needed to support multiple locations.
- Work extended hours and response to emergencies.