Security Systems Specialist
The Gusto Security Systems Specialist, reporting directly to the Gusto Regional Security People Empowerer (PE), will ensure the highest levels of quality, productivity and efficiency, in order to maintain an effective physical security program for Gusto. The Security Systems Specialist will monitor the implementation of Gusto security systems and technology integration. Provide enterprise wide system security support for programming. Reinforces the direction of Gusto security systems, and develops relationships with IT, Environment and contractors in order to maintain system efficiencies.
Security Systems Specialist primarily performs duties in a service capacity; may be assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of command in conformance with, or to facilitate the delivery of service according to business necessity. In addition, the Security Systems Specialist will have a high level of security systems knowledge, along with technology based expertise, i.e., web, database, project management, document control, vendor management, documentation, technology operation management, communication and audits.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. As a member of our growing Physical Security team, you will be an integral part of helping build a team that is focused on developing a world-class security and safety culture. We are striving to build a program that meets our current and future needs, in alignment with our core values.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Maintain documentation of the security system configuration.
- Assisted with creating standard training material for Security Operation Centers.
- Oversee Security systems, to include cameras, card readers and the database. Minor repairs, to include updates, installations, rebooting DVR’s, ability to point the system to a different server when necessary. System upgrades and maintenance.
- Provide technical & troubleshooting support, coordinate problem tracking and resolution.
- Support Security Systems Audits.
- Educate and explain applicable policies and procedures based on existing circumstances.
- Maintenance and Monitoring of Security Systems and Standards.
- Perform User training for Security Personnel and other System Users.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
- Ascertain potential negative situations and implement effective countermeasures.
- Teach facility-specific procedures and policies.
- Provide position coverage.
- System Planning & Standardization -
Maintenance of System Standards in regards to
Installation Standards (Construction Division 28)
Access Group & Level strategies
Alarm configurations upon request
User permission levels
Perform licensing audits by comparing existing equipment with licensed devices
- System Expansion -
Provide programming, configuration, and testing assistance necessary for System expansion
Actively participate in security installation projects to ensure standards are met.
Assist with commissioning new projects
Administrate –Security System user accounts & permissions
- Maintenance & Health Monitoring-
Monitor System health such as hardware functionality & connectivity
Perform and maintain back-ups, assist with disaster recovery
Verify that all correct services are running
Assist with software application and service pack upgrades
Work with Local IT for application administration.
Work with approved vendors to maintain security systems
Perform User training for Security Personnel and other System Users Documentation & Procedural Development- Maintain documentation of the security system configuration Server information
High level passwords & User permission levels
Software versions & license numbers
Equipment configuration & location per Server
Dates that equipment was put into service, vendor of record, and warranty period
Publish Customer specific programming standards & practices
- System Reporting-
Generate administrative & investigative reports
Run specific audit reports
Assist with Video clip and image recovery when required
- Troubleshooting & Technical Assistance-
Provide technical & troubleshooting support, coordinate problem tracking and resolution
Coordinate with customer IT department to assist with resolution of IT related problems
Maintain a log of outstanding hardware and software issues
- Systems Auditing –
Audit SOC performance
Audit System alarms weekly
Audit all hardware devices.
Audit Video recorders monthly
Send required monthly system audit reports to Regional Security PE
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a systems administrator with extensive knowledge in server applications and extensive knowledge in system administration functions.
- Low Voltage Electrical experience for installation of cameras, card readers, door contacts, REX, electrified door hardware and various components.
- Familiarity with blueprints and standards and wiring diagrams.
- Experience with current Access Control Systems software programs such as (S2Lenel, Lenel Onguard, C*Cure 8/9Prowatch, Genetec)
- Experience with current Network Video Recorders, Video Management Software and Cloud Based Solutions such as (Verkada; Milestone, ONSSI OCULARIS; Genetec, IMMIX,)
- Experience with Key Control Key Control Software such as (Traka, Site Master, Instakey)
- Experience with current Mass Notification and Incident Management Software such as (Everbridge, Alert Media, Send Word Now, Resolver, PPM2000, D3 Security)
- Certifications for software specific applications and or recognized industry certifications such as Physical Security Network Associate or other recognized IP integration industry certification.
- Prior experience in the development of comprehensive training programs for service line staff.
- Knowledge of communication systems to include two-way radios network.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and implement administrative and operational programs and procedures, which includes the development of budgets.
- Must be capable to install low voltage electrical utilizing equipment such as (ladders, Scissor and boom lifts}.
- Must be able to work in inclimate weather as needed.
- Must be able to travel as needed to support multiple locations.
- Work extended hours and response to emergencies.