Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the role
Are you passionate about using data to understand how people interact with products? We are looking for people who get excited about designing & building data models to help cultivate a data informed business culture. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for key members for our growing Business Intelligence team to join the Gusto family. You will be helping to shape the way Gusto consumes and applies data in order to build a great company.
The Business Intelligence team takes this to heart and empowers Gusto to do their greatest work by providing the data and tools to make this possible. Our Business Intelligence team is just one part of our overall Data team and provides a foundation for data exploration, analytical partnerships, and guidance for strategic decision making. #ItsAMarathonNotASprint #UseDataWithGusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Define, design and deliver actionable reporting, analysis, and core dashboarding that helps business teams discover insights and increase understanding
- Build and maintain scalable ETL processes and pipelines to bring the data into our enterprise data warehouse
- Work directly with the business partners to understand their reporting needs and develop scalable solutions keeping reusability in mind
- Maintain and administer BI tools like Tableau
- Maintain the data quality and integrity of the data warehouse in partnership with our Data Platform team
- Deep dive into large set of datasets to answer business questions or perform ad-hoc analysis
- Reconcile data between various systems, find opportunities to innovate, and drive improvements
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience with large complex data sets from various sources, ideally with a focus on marketing, sales, operations or customer acquisition
- Exceptional SQL skills and comfortable with a scripting language to build data models and ETLs (Airflow/Python experience a plus)
- Deep experience building dashboards and automating reports preferably in Tableau
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; intellectually curious; PM skills
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision makers to drive impact
- Ability to think critically, anticipate issues, and proactively suggest solutions
- Knowledge of relational databases (Redshift preferred)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $78,000-$138,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $98,000-$168,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.