Software Engineer, Growth Foundation
SF, Denver, NY, Remote
Gusto is looking for Software engineers to join the Growth team.
The Growth team iterates quickly to deliver delightful customer experiences that introduce the product to new customers. As we scale we are significantly investing in technology around audience segmentation, communications platforms, experimentation frameworks, etc to set up the team for long-term goals success.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
At Gusto, we are building the world-class people platform for small businesses. Our Growth Engineering team’s mission is to find new and innovative ways to bring new users on to it, and for existing users to adopt our other offers like health insurance. The team operates in a fast-paced, data-informed environment to accomplish this.
We strongly value end-to-end ownership. Gusto’s Growth Engineers apply an entrepreneurial mindset to their day-to-day, working cross-functionally to master the ins and outs of the business, and using that knowledge to guide their work across a diverse tech stack, from creating front-end experiments, to working deep inside the product.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine Gusto’s product suite
- Use data and rapid experimentation to gain insights and improve the product
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
- You are not limited to working on old codebases. Most of our work uses the latest front-end/analytics/machine learning tools in the market, Our tech stack is based on using the best tool for the job
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of technical experience
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers.
- Scaling through technology investments.
- Experience with event analytics (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, etc.) and experimentation (A/B, multivariate) is preferred
- Comfortable working with data and digging into numbers to find issues and insights
- Interest in complex product development problems. Sometimes we use Rails, React, PHP, and ES6 but you don’t have to know them.
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Practical knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.