BizTech GTM Architect
Gusto is looking for a Technical Leader to drive the long term vision and execution for all of our Sales and Business Infrastructure to ensure that all of Gusto’s internal customers have consistent high quality interactions.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As part of our Business Technology team, your core responsibility is to architect and build world class Go-To-Market capabilities using Salesforce and other integrated platforms like our Product, Contact Center Software, Workforce Management etc. Our mission is to help our business set the right goals and achieve them!
Gusto is growing our Business Technology team and looking for a dynamic, visionary Business Technology Architect! The BizTech Team is a trusted partner to the business, enabling and developing effective systems and tools.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner with business analysts to understand requirements and work with developers to design scalable End to End solutions in alignment with business technology strategy and architecture.
- Build relationships and partner closely with stakeholders across Business, IT, BI, Engineering etc. to drive cross functional projects. Communicate plans, status, blockers, risk, trade-offs etc to relevant parties.
- Architect and govern end-to-end integrations between our Product and Go-To-Market applications.
- Provide best practice recommendations for Salesforce and Go-To-Market applications. Maximize ROI for GTM apps and make decisions on OOB vs custom build solutions.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and recommend solutions beyond Salesforce to meet business needs.
- Improve quality and completeness of technical documentation. Create charts and diagrams for visual representations of systems, data flows etc.
- Be hands-on in the technical operations (development, code reviews, managing deployments to production etc.). Builder’s mentality.
- Be the Escalation Point for technical issues.
- Be a key stakeholder for the change management and development process.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of Enterprise Business Technology Architecture experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud required. Experience with Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua or similar marketing solutions is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience building custom solutions on Salesforce.
- 4+ years of experience integrating business applications using platforms like Mulesoft, Snaplogic, Workato etc and APIs.
- Experience mentoring developers and administrators.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Salesforce's suite of products across all SDLC phases.
- Proficiency with Force.com preferred
- Platform skills like Apex, Lightning (LWC, Aura), Visualforce, SOQL/SOSL, Unit Testing etc.
- Thorough understanding of SaaS data models, design considerations and connected web services.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce DX, source-driven development using Git/Github or similar version control system, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery as part of DevOps process. Environment and Release management.
- Salesforce Platform Developer (I and II), Salesforce Technical Architect or Salesforce Applications Architect and Salesforce Systems Architect certifications preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Passionate about helping small business owners and converting pain points into solutions.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.