Ready to join a high-velocity B2B growth organization where your contributions can make a meaningful impact? We’re hiring our first Partner Marketing Manager who will be laser-focused on one of the fastest growing revenue segments at Gusto -- our partners.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As the senior Partner Marketing Manager, you will develop the marketing strategy and execute initiatives that attract and grow Gusto’s relationships and revenue with our expanding network of partners. This is a newly established role, necessitated by the extraordinary growth we’ve seen with our most established partners (like Xero, Freshbooks, Clover, Vagaro and Bench) and the opportunity to further capitalize on explosive interest from other software providers, who are just as passionate as we are about serving the small business community.
We’re looking for a proactive, well-rounded and experienced B2B marketer who understands that a strong cohesive strategy, tied to an organization’s North Star goals is the first step in launching any campaign and that marketing’s superpowers can be artfully applied for positive business impact at any stage in the partner journey.
You will be empowered by the Head of Channel Marketing and your teammates will include an incredibly smart and motivated group of partner strategists and relationship managers. We believe that the best marketing efforts are without silos and you can expect to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams representing Marketing, Product, Sales, Revenue Operations and Customer Experience
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Understand Gusto’s mission and how Partners will contribute to our overall success; develop marketing strategies, plans and KPI’s aligned to company objectives; own these metrics and be on the lookout for opportunities to improve
- Work closely with the rest of the partnership team to develop a plan of attack for how we up-level our Partner program, this could include everything from revamping our partnership tiers to establishing standard GTM motions for new partners
- Become a full-fledged member of the partner team - working to develop close relationships with our partners, collaborating on co-marketing plans and ensuring that our relationships are mutually beneficial to our partners, Gusto and our customers
- Be the point person for all aspects of partner marketing including planning, messaging, collateral, campaigns, training, and enablement
- Develop systems and processes that allow you to keep a close eye on the full-funnel lifecycle of Partners, all the way from awareness to expansion and advocacy; proactively consider ways that marketing can be leveraged at every stage in the journey
- Establish and consistently report out on partner marketing engagement, enablement, and performance metrics - using tools such Salesforce, Tableau, Marketo, and a partner relationship portal inform decision-making
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or Strategy & Consulting, ideally in B2B SaaS
- Strategic big-picture thinker, that can plot a campaign from idea to execution; ownership mindset
- Creative and enthusiastic problem solver who possesses the ability to lead with authority and influence
- Data-driven marketer who leans heavily on KPI’s and analysis to identify their next best action
- Organized, with immaculate attention to detail
- Clear and precise communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Accounting / HR / Benefits space a plus
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $102,000/yr to $126,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $123,000/yr to $152,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.