Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is looking for a Learning Business Partner to join our L&D team. As a partner to our EPD team [Engineering + Product Design], you will have the opportunity to work across the learning process, and would be highly engaged in consulting with our EPD leaders, designing and implementing learning solutions, and working with the broader L&D team to make those solutions come to life through learning assets, and facilitated experiences. We are looking for an individual with passion and expertise in learning science, consulting excellence, and instructional design.
The Learning and Development team works closely with People Partners and EPD teams to ensure that all Gusties have the training necessary to hone a wide variety of skills from technical, design, leadership, communication, and more. The ideal candidate will be deadline driven, have a passion for creative problem solving and is eager to partner with Subject Matter Experts to create and deliver impactful learning experiences.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners including EPD, Segment leaders and People Partners to determine learning and performance needs, and priorities to achieve business results
- Demonstrate an expertise in tailoring solutions to audience needs based on observation, interviews, and depth of learning desired i.e. Learner-Centered Design
- Prioritize learning needs with stakeholders and develop and execute a plan for completing learning projects from inception to measurement
- Create and implement learning experiences that achieve learning outcomes and business objectives aligned with stakeholder needs
- Research and continually learn different tools, applications, and methodologies to keep our team on the cutting edge of consulting and instructional design
- Continue developing and improving technical capabilities for new ENG Gusties with School of Engineering enhancements
- Support a vision for empowered learning across the enterprise
- As a blended role, the estimated time spent consulting vs. design and delivery is roughly 60/40.
- Consider growth into a leadership role in the future to grow the EPD learning function within the L&D team
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5-7 years experience in a learning & development role
- 3-4 years designing learning experiences using design tools (elucidat, degreed, easy generator, etc.)
- Skilled in performance consulting, coaching, and learning and development processes
- Strong planning and organizing skills coupled with solid project management skills
- Highly proficient at building strong, lasting relationships with team leaders
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute
- Experience partnering with customer facing teams strongly preferred
- Proven success at managing cross functional teams and partnering with external vendors
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools (Elucidat, Articulate, Captivate, Brainshark, Bridge or other LMS) preferred
- Technical or Product design [UI/UX] experience a plus but not required
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $84,000 - $130,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $102,000 - $158,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.