Gusto is looking for a strategic guide to help with financial planning and strategic decision making for the Employers segment of the business.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making for the Employers segment at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Then come join the Finance, BizOps & Strategy (FBOS) team at Gusto! At Gusto, we serve over 200,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software platform, affording them peace of mind with these complicated tasks while saving time and helping them create great places to work.
The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.
In this role, you will join FBOS’ team supporting the Employers segment with planning, forecasting, and reporting. At the same time, you won’t be afraid to dive into the data and develop actionable insights for key decision makers.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Planning & Forecasting. Support Gusto’s Employers segment through revenue, cost, and headcount planning & forecasting. Solutions oriented mindset is important as you partner with key members of the organization to maximize performance within the existing financial constraints.
- Reporting. Support reporting requirements to the board, executive team, and Employers team.
- Adhoc Analysis. Regularly analyze the payroll/HR industry, Gusto’s financial and operational performance, customer base, etc. to provide cross functional partners with actionable insights. Familiarity with SQL, Tableau, and other BI tools a plus.
- Scale the Employers team. Standardize and improve reporting frameworks, systems, and processes to create leverage for FBOS’ Employers team as Gusto continues to grow.
- Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future -- we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A, and Finance & Strategy.
- You can build and manage budgets. You’re adept at working with cross functional partners to help them understand how to manage headcount, discretionary spending, and grow the company efficiency.
- Support key corporate reporting requirements, e.g. company level KPI tracking, performance to plan and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- You have the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- You have impactful data visualization skills in Tableau, Looker or other BI tools.
- You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL.
- You have a service mindset, bringing a positive attitude to work everyday with the goal to produce outcomes that positively impact our Customers, Members, and Gusties. This includes a natural curiosity to learn how processes work, creative problem solving, and ability to operate independently with minimal guidance to surface actionable insights from adhoc analysis.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $94,000 to $117,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $115,000 to $142,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.