Ready to join a high-velocity B2B growth organization where your contributions can make a meaningful impact? We’re hiring our first segment-dedicated senior Marketing Manager who will be laser-focused on one of the most beloved customer categories at Gusto -- Accountants.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As the Marketing Manager for Accountants, you will develop the marketing strategy and execute initiatives that attract, grow and retain Gusto’s second largest customer segment, Accountants. This is a newly established role, necessitated by the extraordinary growth we’ve seen with this target audience and the opportunity to further capitalize on market momentum by having a talented and self-motivated marketer leading our efforts.
We’re looking for a proactive, well-rounded and experienced B2B marketer who understands that a strong cohesive strategy, tied to an organization’s North Star goals is the first step in launching any campaign and that marketing’s superpowers can be artfully applied for positive business impact at any stage in the customer journey.
You will be empowered by the Head of Channel Marketing and your teammates will include rockstar subject matter experts and the folks leading the charge for some of the most innovative Accountant certification and community efforts to emerge in the industry in decades. We believe that the best marketing efforts are without silos and you can expect to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams representing Marketing, Product, Sales, Revenue Operations and Customer Experience.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Understand Gusto’s mission and how Accountants will contribute to our overall success; develop marketing strategies, plans and KPI’s aligned to company objectives; own these metrics and be on the lookout for opportunities to improve
- Develop systems and processes that allow you to keep a close eye on the full-funnel lifecycle of Accountants, all the way from awareness to expansion and advocacy; proactively consider ways that marketing can be leveraged at every stage in the customer journey
- Contribute to organization-wide efforts to improve comprehensive attribution data models that tie marketing activities to business results
- Lead and coordinate the contributions of multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver demand generation campaigns designed to increase conversion rates and lower our cost to acquire new Accountant customers
- Work closely with the Head of Channel Marketing for the roll-out of a newly formed ABM strategy that will encompass changes in organizational alignment, sales & marketing technology optimization, new data frameworks and an enhanced content plan.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or Strategy & Consulting, ideally in B2B SaaS
- ABM know-how or demonstrated close alignment with Sales; ability to nurture, grow and maintain this relationship
- Strategic big-picture thinker, that can plot a campaign from idea to execution; ownership mindset
- Creative and enthusiastic problem solver who possesses the ability to lead with authority and influence
- Data-driven marketer who leans heavily on KPI’s and analysis to identify their next best action
- Organized, with immaculate attention to detail
- Clear and precise communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Accounting / HR / Benefits space a plus
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $102,000/yr to $126,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $123,000/yr to $152,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.