Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Legal & Compliance team is seeking an Enterprise Risk Management Analyst to support the company’s enterprise risk management framework activities. Based in San Francisco, CA this individual will contribute to our efforts to ensure our Enterprise risk management program operates effectively at scale.
In the role you'll work closely with experts at all levels across the company to identify, assess, and report risk information. This position will also be responsible for conducting enterprise wide risk assessments, providing enterprise risk analysis, and supporting ERM reporting used by internal stakeholders and Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, demonstrate a strong interest in Gusto as a payroll, benefits and financial services provider, and be adept at managing complex projects.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Support the maturation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program
- Contribute to the creation of a comprehensive inventory of risks and controls for Gusto, and work with senior stakeholders to ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented
- Support the implementation and execution of the ERM Program including Risk Governance & Reporting, Risk Identification & Risk Assessment, and Third-Party Risk Management
- Support the roll-out and operationalization of software and tools to manage risks at scale
- Stay up-to-date on the regulations applicable to Gusto and risk management frameworks and trends
- Perform other duties and responsibilities within the ERM program as required
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Risk Management, Technology Risk, IT Audit, or other similar risk consulting or internal control functions (e.g. internal audit, compliance, fraud mitigation, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks and Principles
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional teams including legal, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in assessing processes, risks and controls
- Experience with the program management in risk including reporting, creation and analysis of risk metrics
- Experience with Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) platforms
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with a get-stuff-done attitude
- A knack for spotting issues and solving problems
- Proactive and action oriented mindset
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $70,000 - $105,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $88,000 - $120,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.