Gusto is looking for a Head of Vendor Operations as part of our Operational Excellence team supporting Customer Experience! We’re seeking an experienced leader to spearhead vendor operations for our rapidly growing Customer Experience team.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Team
The mission of our Operational Excellence team is to support our quickly scaling CX organization to deliver outstanding customer experiences. Vendor Operations is one way we can do that.
As the Head of Vendor Operations, your role will be to lead and expand our offshore and onshore vendor programs focused on Customer Experience and Sales processes together with your team of vendor operations managers. You’ll own and manage the relationship with our vendors to oversee staffing, SLA adherence, quality performance, cost and other operations metrics. Additionally, you’ll work cross functionally across Gusto to partner with key stakeholders to drive, monitor and present vendor performance.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead strategic growth, process, and performance management across our vendor programs, including, but not limited to, staffing, SLA adherence, quality performance, cost and other operations metrics
- Empower a team of up to 5-10 vendor managers
- Work closely with various internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, implement new processes, participate in workforce planning and budgeting activities, and contribute to ongoing process improvements
- Proactively communicate with CX and Sales leadership as well as vendor leadership to continuously deliver and improve vendor performance to meet customer expectations
- Willing to roll up your sleeves, lead from the front, and coach the team in our fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expected travel is 10-20%
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in outsourcing/offshoring including vendor management, vendor transitions, new site launches, Statement of Work development, contracting, and associated pricing models in the technology space
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in vendor performance management and driving improvement
- Experience efficiently scaling customer experience vendor teams
- A keen eye for process improvement
- Ability to think strategically and utilize strong creative problem solving skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional, senior leaders and drive change
- Executive verbal and written communication as well as strong data visualization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to build a team, motivate and engage teams, allocate work and projects, resolve conflicts and handle ambiguity
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $103,000 - $159,000 in Denver & most remote locations.Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.