As a core member of the Benefits Onboarding team, you’ll be responsible for setting up customers with their health benefits while providing a delightful experience. You’ll put their minds at ease by guiding them through a complex process, providing timely information, and keeping all the moving parts running smoothly. You’ll help employers get group benefits for the very first time, and then help those employers continue to make important benefits decisions on an annual basis. Internally, we refer to this position as Onboarding Advocate.
The Benefit Onboarding team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You will use your project-management skills to streamline benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build the health insurance engine that will make benefits with Gusto great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee the entire benefits onboarding process from start to finish, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of benefits
- Provide expertise in healthcare and benefits enrollment via written and verbal communication with Gusto Customers
- Work directly with customers and health insurance carriers to implement employee benefit packages specific to our customers’ needs.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers at key moments in their relationship with Gusto during their benefits journey
- Juggle conflicting priorities using Salesforce and other technology platforms
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of client-facing experience - bonus points for exposure to healthcare, payroll, or a start-up environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Skilled in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, and cross-team communication
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously - excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
- Ability to work throughout seasonal peaks
- Healthcare, health insurance, or employee benefits experience
- Experience with workforce tools such as Salesforce
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $22.60 / hour in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.