Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is the People Platform. We help small businesses with Payroll, Benefits, and HR through a combination of in-house services and strategic partnerships with best-of-breed industry players. We are building APIs, toolkits, and other services to enable our partners to build their own payroll products on our platform.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager to join our team to define product vision, strategy, and roadmap on new APIs, toolkits, and integrations to create a platform of tools for our partners. This is a brand new initiative at Gusto, and we’re looking for someone to join as an early member. You’ll have freedom to work closely with customers, partners and a dedicated team of engineers to explore, iterate, and build the future you strongly believe in. The role requires a unique combination of high-level strategic thinking, user obsession, and focused execution.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Spend time with customers and partners and translate their needs into APIs, developer toolkits, and integration experiences that make users smile
- Identify emerging technology and industry trends, build businesses cases, and define vision, strategy, and roadmap for future platform investments.
- Partner with engineering, design, and data science to ship solutions that delight customers and partners, balance customer impact and engineering effort, and make measurable impact on the business.
- Define, understand, and improve key product and business metrics. You’re excited about the business impact of your work, and can work collaboratively with key stakeholders from go-to-market to customer service teams.
- Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs.
- Be an owner of products and businesses, end to end.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience.
- A proven track record of building products customers love and taking products from 0 to 1
- The ability to paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior leaders. Ability to articulate and build business models and supporting roadmap.
- Pay great attention to detail. You’re excited about 99.999% reliability as well as beautiful UX and API design.
- Strong product discovery and research skills, especially in a 0-1 space.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in articulating customer pain.
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
- Demonstrated success building developer APIs products or 3rd party integrations
- Bonus: experience working with enterprise customers
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $152,000 - $180,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $169,000 - $200,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.