Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As part of our Business Technology team, your core responsibility is to develop and maintain salesforce and other integrated platforms like Genesis and Workday. Our mission is to help our business set the right goals and achieve them!
Gusto is growing our Business Technology team and looking for a dynamic, visionary Business Technology Developer! The BizTech Team is a trusted partner to the business, enabling and developing effective systems and tools.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner with business analysts to understand requirements and provide scalable solutions in alignment with business technology strategy and architecture.
- Collaborate and work with stakeholders across Business, IT, BI and Engineering to drive cross functional projects.
- Develop and maintain end-to-end integrations between our Product and Go-To-Market applications.
- Provide best practice recommendations for Salesforce and GTM projects.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and recommend solutions beyond Salesforce to meet business needs.
- Develop and build solutions on force.com platform using OOB features, Visualforce, LWC, Apex, Web Services and API's.
- Improve quality and completeness of technical documentation.
- Be a key stakeholder for change management and development process.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Deep knowledge and experience with Salesforce's suite of products across all SDLC phases.
- Strong proficiency with Force.com Platform skills like Apex, Lightning (LWC, Aura), Visualforce, SOQL, Unit Testing etc.
- Thorough understanding of SaaS data models, design considerations and connected web services.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud (CTI, Chatbot, Chat, Knowledge Management, Omnichannel).
- Good understanding of Salesforce DX, source-driven development using Git/Github or similar version control system, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery as part of DevOps process.
- 6+ years of experience building custom solutions on Salesforce.
- 4+ years of experience integrating business applications using platforms like Mulesoft, Snaplogic, Workato etc and APIs.
- 2+ years of mentoring and training junior developers and administrators.
- Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer (I and II) and Salesforce Domain Architect certifications preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent practical experience.
- Passionate about helping small business owners and converting pain points into solutions.