Gusto’s Customer Experience (CX) team is looking for an Executive Assistant to bring energy and organization to our scaling team.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
CX is the largest organization at Gusto and we’re excited to bring on a passionate self-starter who can nimbly navigate competing priorities and fires with a sense of calm and composure. The CX Executive Assistant will support 2-3 leaders within the CX organization to help unlock valuable time and keep the day-to-day moving like a well-oiled machine. We are looking for someone who can maintain order in calendarization, large-scale meeting logistics/events, community building in a remote environment and project work that will enable our teams to move faster and do their best work. Someone with strategic skills wrapped in a communication-savvy bow will thrive in this position working closely with leadership and cross functional partners.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Multiple calendar organization, prioritization, and coordination – examples include planning internal and external meetings, daily schedule details and travel arrangements (when appropriate)
- Keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel; Partner with the CX Leadership Team to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company goals/targets.
- Contribute to CX leadership meetings and events by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items.
- Ownership/partnership on team budgets and disciplined in submitting and tracking expenses
- Represent leaders and CX teams needs with cross-functional stakeholders; be an extension of the CX leadership team and org as a whole.
- Partner with the leaders you support to create team-wide communications, including; email drafts, all-hands deck shells, and off-site materials
- Plan team off-sites (or Zoomsites) and team-building events
- Build community through events, delights, and keeping and ear to the ground to sense where attention may be needed
- Work on special projects as requested by the team which may include research, analysis, and presentation preparation
- Contribute to the ExecOps team for projects, resources, and mentorship; establish new—and improve existing—administrative systems and processes.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of executive partnership experience supporting one or more leaders, preferably with C-Suite executives
- Expert level mastery of calendaring, travel coordination, events management
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple assignments and own competing work streams
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Communication aficionado with the drive to understand the business, see around corners, and share insights and ideas for improvements
- Self starter with a can-do attitude, experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion, possesses problem solving skills, independent initiative, and flexibility, goes the extra mile with service, team-first mindset
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $71,000-$83,000 in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.