Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As the senior Performance Marketing Manager you will be the go-to expert on CPM purchased digital media, focusing on paid social (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Quora..etc), display, retargeting, and online video. You’ll work closely with our digital acquisition, product marketing, and creative teams to plan, buy, and optimize targeted media campaigns, delivering both awareness and direct response goals. You’ll scale our programs with multi-million dollar budgets amongst an ambitious and growing team, owning both the strategy and execution. You’ll help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our analytic capabilities. If you have experience with digital media, and want to bring that to dramatically scale a disruptive company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Bring your successful experience growing businesses through advertising and innovative thinking together to create break-out successes
- Devise, deploy, and optimize paid social, display, online video, and other media programs to drive customer acquisition
- Drive reporting on effectiveness of campaigns, creatives, and the acquisition portfolio
- Traffic creative, manage audiences, and build campaign dashboards to ensure programs are running smoothly
- Develop forecasts and budgets for digital marketing, driving and executing spend optimization decisions rapidly
- Partner closely with internal teams, including brand design, data analytics, and growth engineering
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 4+ years experience with digital marketing, including hands on experience buying and optimizing, ideally with a focus on paid social, display, and video
- Experience in optimizing direct response marketing programs, while driving efficiency and meeting ROI targets
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including advanced functions.
- Strong working knowledge of paid social management tools (e.g. Facebook Manager) and programmatic management tools (e.g. DV 360, Campaign Manager)
- Experience with small business marketing, subscription products, SaaS, or financial services.
- Strong knowledge of the media industry and landscape
- An experienced marketer of disruptive technologies
- Versatile and comfortable juggling multiple projects with several moving parts at once
- Passionate about Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
- Fluency with modern business intelligence tools (Domo, Tableau..etc)
- Experience with advanced measurement and analytics (multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, or similar)
- Experience with tag management (Google Tag Manager, Tealium)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $82,000-102,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $99,000-$123,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.