Gusto is growing and seeking a strategic, dynamic leader to build and scale a pricing capability!
Our Revenue Operations team focuses on driving acquisition through end-to-end funnel insights and optimization, forecasting, enablement, pricing and analytics. As a leader on this team, you are excited to bring and scale pricing strategy, discipline, effectiveness practice to our commercial strategy.
You’re a pricing expert that deeply understands how to use pricing as a lever to drive growth for existing and new revenue streams. You have been a valued advisor to cross-functional leaders and built or scaled this capability at multiple companies, and are looking for your next challenge. Sound interesting? Read on!
Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn and grow to solve the business problems they face.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Set and realize a vision for a world class pricing strategy & practice at Gusto so we can effectively monetize what we have in the market, articulate our competitive advantage clearly, and implement pricing and packaging solutions together with Marketing, Product and Finance.
- Deliver best in class pricing analytics: Conduct research, measure and analyze qualitative (market research, sales feedback) and quantitative (product usage, financial results) data to inform investments and experiments, build models to assess effectiveness, and recommend future actions we should take.
- Live and breathe acquisition: Represent RevOps in xf projects with marketing, product, sales and customer success teams to analyze, diagnose, and resolve headwinds and obstacles so that we can outsell all of our competitor
- Design new and optimize existing pricing and packaging solutions: Align pricing and packaging recommendations with our business model and objectives to fuel new revenue growth. You’ll lead or assist in all types of pricing strategy decisions throughout the product development lifecycle
- Partner with and advise Gusto leaders: from Product Management, Marketing, Sales to Finance, you’ll advise on key strategic product and go-to-market decisions, identifying opportunities where pricing can be a lever to drive subscriptions and revenue growth as well as product adoption
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of strategy, ops, or analytical experience; ideally 5+ leading or building pricing teams. Experience at a fast-paced technology company preferred.
- You’re passionate about the numbers that drive growth. You have helped high potential, high velocity go-to-market teams scale, and you know how to avoid the pitfalls. You enjoy working with high octane growth companies, where things move fast, people are smart, and the numbers are key to telling the story.
- Persuasive communicator - you’re a natural storyteller, using data to back up your recommendations
- You’re a data guru; you thrive in large data sets and supporting tools/languages, e.g., SQL, Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, R, Python
- You’re adaptable and a builder; you flex naturally between influencing leadership, inspiring those you empower to think big, and rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Hyper-organized with strong attention to detail; effective stakeholder and project management is the bare minimum and is part of your secret sauce
- You enjoy working with high octane growth companies, where things move fast, people are smart, and processes are quick to evolve - in fact, you’re often the one who moves them
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $153,000 - $193,000/year in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.