This is an amazing opportunity to use your customer-centric approach and problem-solving expertise to reshape the experience for Gusto’s payroll customers!
You’ll showcase your passion for customer support by resolving tax notices while delivering a world-class customer experience. You'll act as a detective and problem-solver discovering payroll discrepancies, researching tax laws and identifying the root cause of notices. You will be working closely with tax agencies as well as our cross-functional partner teams to reach the best outcomes for our customers and provide feedback on tools that streamline the resolution process and prevent similar issues in the future.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Tax Resolution team is within the Payroll Operations org and is at the core of providing services that give our customers peace-of-mind. Tax Resolution exists to ensure impeccable delivery of key customer needs. This role is very hands-on, with an emphasis on research and analysis, excellent communication skills, and first-principles problem solving. A strong work ethic and a strong desire to be part of the team is critical for success. You must also possess and take pride in a high attention to detail, organization and task management, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Research and resolve complex cases and payroll tax notices on behalf of our customers
- Work cross-functionally with our Compliance, Engagement, Audit and Tax Operations teams
- Interact with government agencies to represent Gusto, advocate for our customers, and resolve complex tax cases
- Provide exceptional service to our customers
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 2 - 3+ years in customer-service role, either in professional environment or in retail/service industry
- 1 - 2+ years payroll experience - tax notice resolution experience is preferred
- Cross-functional experience - flexibility to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent team player - a consummate teammate who enjoys wearing multiple hats, inspiring everyone around you to do great work, and working collectively to hit our metrics and SLAs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate complex topics in a simple, digestible way
- Extremely organized and able to improve processes
- Prides themselves in providing an exceptional customer experience during pivotal moments in our Gustomers' journey
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $19.6/hr to $26.45/hr in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.