Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a dynamic, strategic leader to take our RevOps Forecasting & Analytics team to new heights! Our Revenue Operations team focuses on driving acquisition through end-to-end funnel insights, optimization, forecasting and analytics. As a leader on this team, you will develop the strategy, capabilities and operational rigor to support our high growth sales, marketing and business development teams, across three primary routes to market and 6+ sales teams. Equal parts strategy and data-driven analysis - you flex naturally to both modes of thinking and are excited to empower a team of high potential analysts. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn and grow to solve the business problems they face.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Act as a strategic advisor to Sales, Marketing, Growth and Finance teams: lead with insights about what drives performance and expert knowledge on how to measure, learn and optimize to drive go-to-market decisions.
- Empower, grow and lead a best in class analytics team: recruit, hire, coach and develop high-potential analysts that write code, troubleshoot and aggregate data across various sources, build dashboards and models, conduct analyses and craft insights & recommendations; ensure analytical rigor, operational excellence and business impact.
- Power marketing analytics: partner with marketing acquisition, customer lifecycle, and product marketing teams to continuously refine a data-driven approach to measuring success, increasing efficiency and maximizing performance.
- Equip sales teams with metrics and insights to win: deliver data and analytics that improve productivity, pipeline management and conversion rates, with focus on optimization of high volume sales motions for incremental results.
- Live and breathe acquisition: Oversee creation and delivery of marketing & sales forecasts, cultivate full-funnel insights, keep a finger on the pulse of acquisition performance, risk to target, and pockets of opportunity across multiple lines of business and in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Improve our capabilities and data assets: Partner with business intelligence, business technology and data engineering to develop requirements for data, tools and instrumentation needed to power our analytics and drive it to the next level.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of analytical experience; ideally 5+ in marketing, sales or GTM/business operations. Experience at a fast-paced technology company preferred.
- You’re passionate about Revenue Analytics and GTM strategy, using data, measurement and optimization to scale a business. You’ve done it right to help high potential, high velocity growth organizations scale, and you know how to avoid the pitfalls
- Excellent communicator - you are comfortable engaging with a range of audiences, both technical and non-technical, able to clearly distill complex issues, use data to tell the story and back up your recommendations
- You’re adaptable and a builder; you flex naturally between influencing leadership, inspiring those you empower to think big, and rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Hyper-organized with strong attention to detail; effective stakeholder and project management is the bare minimum and is part of your secret sauce
- You enjoy working with high octane growth companies, where things move fast, people are smart, and processes are quick to evolve
- It’s exciting to empower a smart crew of like-minded, analytics professionals - you’ll challenge the team to be greater than the sum of its parts
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $128,000-$158,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $150,000-$185,000/year in San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.