The Tax Operations team within the Payroll Operations org is at the core of providing services that give our customers peace-of-mind. Tax Operations exists to ensure impeccable delivery of key customer needs. We are looking to invite a high energy, results-oriented, inspirational Operations leader with ability to work well and influence cross-functionally to scale our Tax Operations team!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about delivering our core product offering while improving workflows and creating efficiency gains in an ever-changing environment. You will lead a Tax Operations team by empowering and enabling your team members to deliver on our customer promise.
This position is very hands-on, with an emphasis on research and analysis, excellent communication skills, and workflow management. You must also possess and take pride in a high attention to detail, organization and task management, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment.
There are thousands of critical operational tasks that are completed for our customers accurately and on time, every time, in a proactive and scalable manner. We collaborate, help each other, and work cross-functional in a positive environment.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Foster a culture of engagement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization
- Oversee filing and remittance process at the Federal and state levels, as well as any amendments as needed
- Empower a team of individual contributors
- Ensure that tax payment and filing processes are timely and accurate within our agreed upon SLAs
- Partner with Compliance, Product, Engineering and PPIO teams to become skilled in processing any changes that may impact the tax payment and filing processes on behalf of our customers
- Lead strategic direction for Gusto’s payroll customers including identifying emerging technologies and implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn exceptional customer outcomes
- Directly responsible for execution of quarterly and annual objectives and metrics
- Leader of change management in planning and facilitating team-wide improvement to the customer and Gustie experience
- Scale the Tax Operations team by increasing team efficiency and working cross-functionally with partner teams
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 1 - 2+ years management experience
- 2+ years payroll and/or tax industry experience
- Proven track record of delivering an extremely high level of satisfaction across a customer base while also taking pride in driving operational efficiencies
- Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across multiple business units and functions
- Customer-first mentality and a first-principle-thinking approach to innovate in delivering a world class customer service experience
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $68,000-$84,000/year in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.