We are seeking a versatile and inquisitive Senior Product Manager with experience in data management and data analytics to help solve some of Gusto’s most challenging and impactful data problems.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About this Role
We are seeking a versatile and inquisitive Senior Product Manager with experience in data management and data analytics. You will meaningfully engage with partners across teams and help solve some of Gusto’s most challenging and impactful data problems.
In doing these, you will implement best practices and enable ease of utilization of our data across business and technology stakeholders. You will drive analytics offerings on the Data team, ultimately enabling a more data informed culture at Gusto. When you join, you’ll hit the ground running with a dedicated and growing team of Data Scientists, Data Platform Engineers, and Analytics Engineers, all under the Data Org.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Establish the vision for next generation data engineering and analytics products
- Define and communicate and execute the strategy and roadmap for event analytics products on the data platform team
- Manage product deliverables on key initiatives and provide transparency to stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively with other groups including data analytics, data science, engineering and product
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across multiple teams and stakeholders at Gusto
- Define key success metrics for the suite of analytics products that the Data Platform team supports
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product management with 2+ years related to data and/or data infrastructure
- Strong collaboration skills, desire to be the face of Event Analytics at Gusto
- Ability to engage at high level vision and strategy, but also down to user stories that deliver value incrementally
- Experience working cross-functionally and seamlessly communicating with people from various roles and teams
- Good understanding of key Data Management concepts such as Data Ownership and Stewardship, Data Lifecycle, and practical application to business problems
- You use data to inform your decisions and are comfortable with performing quick analysis and building out longer-term initiatives through dashboards
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $154,000/yr to $211,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $187,000/yr to $249,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.