Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Navigate complex regulatory frameworks to design and mature innovative financial products and services.
- Counsel the product, engineering, and design teams on a range of issues
- Drive holistic compliance management for multiple financial services products, including monitoring, training, policies and procedures, risk assessments, and third-party audits
- Collaborate with our Operations and Engineering, Product, and Design teams to mature our compliance processes, controls, and documentation as needed to align with new or revised laws, rules, or regulations.
- Research and respond to internal stakeholders on complex compliance issues.
- Support our Compliance Lead on all third party audits or regulatory examinations.
- JD degree with 3+ years of combined relevant legal experience in a law firm, and/or an in-house legal department of a regulated financial institution or financial technology company.
- Experience in building and maturing compliance management systems
- Familiarity with state and federal consumer financial and payments laws
- State bar/ active license to practice law in California or New York, or ability to register in house
- Experience advising on financial products and building scalable processes
- Experience creatively solving problems, taking into account legal risk and business needs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player mindset (no job is too big or too small).
- A collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, cross-functionally, and independently.