Gusto is looking for an experienced product leader to head our Members product management team. Our Members team is responsible the holistic experience of employees and contractors on the Gusto platform. This includes Gusto Wallet, a suite of powerful personal finance solutions built directly into the paycheck that enables members to take control of their finances and improve their overall financial health, and our mobile apps for iOS and Android. This is our newest and one of the most ambitious investments we’ve ever made, and we’re seeking a visionary product leader to scale it to the next level.
As part of Gusto’s PM leadership team, you’ll develop and execute the Members roadmap with a nimble and talented team of PMs. You will have the freedom to run with a product idea and see it through to the end. You’ll build a team, a business and set of products that our customers will love and will set the bar for the industry. You will also partner with our Head of Product to evolve our strategy & product management as a team for Gusto as a whole.
If you are a builder of great products who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead Gusto’s Financial Products PM team: Recruit, hire, and empower a team of PMs
- Develop the Financial Products roadmap for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, data scientists, designers, and operators
- Identify emerging technologies and industry trends, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our customers smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Be an owner of products and businesses, end to end
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ yrs experience relevant to product leadership, including managing product teams
- Experience in & passion for financial products & technology
- Entrepreneurial, with track record of building & scaling new products & businesses
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
- Have a proven track record of building products customers love in rapidly scaling companies
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000-$210,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $200,000-$242,500/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.