Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Product Partnerships team at Gusto is small but mighty - you will be the second team member and therefore instrumental in shaping the team’s charter over the coming years. The team works directly with senior leadership to understand the competitive landscape and make critical decisions about building, buying, or partnering when we expand our product suite.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Market research to identify and evaluate new potential products or product areas for Gusto by following market trends and identifying opportunities
- Identify new strategic partners and negotiate first-of-their kind business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives to help accelerate Gusto’s roadmap
- Build business cases to help Gusto navigate decisions around building, buying, or partnering when entering a new product area.
- Inform and influence our product roadmap based on your deep understanding of Gusto’s products, the market landscape and the needs of our partners.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership across the company including Product Management and Engineering to launch new products for Gusto and our customers.
- Implement and launch new strategic partnerships and products
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including product management, business development and corporate development. 10+ years of work experience.
- Proven track record of building and launching industry-leading strategic partnerships
- Qualitative and quantitative abilities required to build business cases that clearly articulate value to both Gusto and our customers
- Ability to lead cross-functional processes and see deals from start to launch
- Strong internal and external communication abilities, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and lots of ambiguity
- Experience negotiating complex, technical contracts
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $116,000 to $143,000yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $140,000-$173,000/year in San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.