Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
At Gusto, we serve small businesses by giving them peace of mind and helping them build great workplaces to attract and retain the best talent. Our Mobile Engineering team is focused on building unique experiences for the employees of our small business customers.
We’re looking for talented and motivated Android engineers with 3+ years of experience. Our engineers are part of every step of the product lifecycle by participating in user research, influencing requirements and specifications, building backend APIs, crafting user flows, and continuously improving our features. If you’re interested in building elegant solutions to reimagine the paycheck in today’s modern economy, join us!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Architect, build, test, and refine Gusto’s native Android app
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch
- Collaborate with our marketing, legal and security teams to bring world-class experiences to our customers hands
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of Android software engineering experience
- Strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills
- Self-driven mindset, and the ability to work on green field projects
- Ability to deliver high-quality code across a diverse tech stack
- Strong critical thinking skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, and mentor others
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.