Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
You will partner with our Growth and Employee Lifecycle product and customer experience leads to drive priority initiatives, build and expand a robust, clean cadence and operating rhythm with both teams; drive customer research and analysis around the full customer experience, test hypotheses with Biz, and deliver insightful recommendations to leaders on how we can improve and craft the best experience for our customers with a focus on being: easy to use, guided & expert, and transparent.
Our Product Insights & Operations team delivers insights, strategy, and operations to unite our technology and service teams and wow customers across the customer journey. You will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience in helping us continue to craft and build best-in-class experiences for our customers.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead and support cross-functional projects across Insights & Operations, Product, and Customer Experience teams
- Hypothesis-driven problem solving to drive our business
- Develop and manage project plans for cross-functional initiatives
- Provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy
- Build and implement scalable processes
- Ensure operating team readiness when launching new features and customer experiences
- Get your hands dirty and troubleshoot issues that arise
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at growing startups, biz ops roles, and/or product development
- Ability to develop insightful quantitative analyses, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL
- Proven process improvement experience and love making things more efficient
- Stakeholder and project management mastery
- Executive presence and ability to influence senior leaders
- Deep empathy and obsession for our small business customers
- Grit, hustle, and fire for making things right
- A passion for helping others
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.