We’re looking for a strategic, growth-focused product marketer to help us accelerate growth in our direct channels.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Priority one is expanding our market share with SMB’s across the US. You’ll partner with product managers, sales, and customer experience teams to ensure customer needs directly influence product strategy.
You’ll combine product thinking, data analysis, segmentation, GTM planning, and positioning to define how we bring new and existing product offerings to the 5.5 million small businesses. Partnering with subject matter experts on a wide variety of teams you’ll identify, prioritize, and accelerate the growth of our direct channels. You’ll use data to demonstrate the success of your work.
If you are a full-stack marketer with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to help small businesses grow, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Understand customer needs through market analysis, surveys, interviews, and product usage data. Use understanding to impact strategy
- Develop positioning and messaging that inspires customers and drives action
- Collaborate with sales leadership to develop sales and partner enablement materials; co-own the numbers
- Influence the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and customers we serve
- Execute go-to-market campaigns to drive product adoption, growth, and retention
- Work with our business development, community, and content teams to establish, develop, and optimize joint-marketing campaigns with accounting partners
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of work experience, 2+ in product marketing, strategy roles and/or product management
- An experienced marketer in a rapidly growing startup environment
- A wildly curious, strategic and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems. Experience with developing joint-marketing campaigns a plus
- A product first mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations
- BA/BS degree
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.