Gusto is seeking an experienced sales leader to join our Small Business Sales leadership team based in Denver, CO. You will play the critical role of leading and crafting small business sales and onboarding representatives - empowering them to engage, educate, and convert small business owners onto the Gusto platform for their payroll and HR needs. You align with our company values and have a passion for building high-performance sales teams that drive stellar monthly/quarterly outcomes while developing processes for the long haul. If you’re passionate about developing people, shaping processes, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and lead by example, let’s talk.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead a team of 8+ SMB Sales reps to achieve and exceed weekly/monthly/quarterly targets
- Encourage and empower your team to perform to their full potential. Build a world-class consultative sales team by investing in and developing the existing sales team while at the same time attracting top sales talent to Gusto
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: 10x revenue from our SMB team in a cost-effective way
- Lead by example by rolling up your sleeves to embrace the phone, deliver demos, craft and refine messaging
- Use data to inform decision-making and focus areas - ranging from AE skill development (e.g. coaching conversations, email campaign usage) to team initiatives (e.g. staffing to seasonality, piloting new activities). Track, measure and report-out on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
- Partner with cross-functional teams to refine lead targeting, messaging, lead qualification, and opportunity handoff
- Build a culture of fun and excellence within the team. Cultivate each individual’s skill set development and guide career pathing as they grow within the organization
- Collaborate with Customer Care and other downstream, cross-functional teams to create amazing experiences for new Gusto customers
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and other tools
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4-6 years of experience in Inside Sales, preferably in SaaS-based products and/or services
- At least 2 years of shown quota-carrying experience as an individual producer
- 2+ years of people management experience in a sales organization
- Consistent track record of establishing and exceeding measurable goals
- Experience with start-up environments and SMB SaaS sales models. You will have experience with payroll, finance, and/or HR software
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound and outbound SaaS sales methodologies
- A passion to pick up the phones and coach AEs on demo delivery, objection handling, and soft skills
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple teams: excellent social and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Salesforce.com experience required
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 100,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.