Gusto is seeking a Sales Leader in our Denver office to lead our Denver-based Partner Sales Team, dedicated to driving Gusto's growth in the SMB space through channel relationships with accounting partners. He/she will be responsible for net-new revenue from our accounting partners moving their clients to Gusto, as well as acquisition of new accounting partners onto Gusto. The Partner Sales Leader will also help hire, train, and coach our Account Executives to be a world-class, consultative, acquisition team. The pace in Gusto sales is fast and the landscape we’re playing in ever-changing, and we’re looking for a dynamic, passionate, people leader who is motivated by that, and brings a good sense of humor to a team that is motivated to work hard and have a little bit of fun while doing it.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead a sales team that is focused on radically expanding Gusto’s footprint with accounting firms and help onboarding accounting firms seamlessly add more clients who will benefit from using Gusto’s all-in-one HR solution
- Help refine and further develop our strategy: 10x revenue from our Partner Sales team in a cost-effective way
- Build a world-class consultative sales team: Invest and develop the existing sales team while simultaneously attracting top sales talent to Gusto
- Track, measure and report-out on sales effectiveness against targets and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
- Scale with rigor: Continuously increase the effectiveness of our team, recognizing opportunities for creating new systems, structures, and processes.
- Work cross-functionally: Flow easily across multiple teams to ensure internal messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of sales strategy; collaborate with marketing to ensure the execution of programs and events to drive leads, pipeline and deal progression; be able to communicate fluently with our product and engineering teams to help develop a best-in-class solution for accountants
- Ensure executive alignment and relationship building between Gusto and partner executive teams
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of Sales management experience: Extensive experience developing sales teams at a high-growth technology company, ideally in the HR, payroll, benefits, or FinTech space
- A strategic mindset: Ability to think strategically, crisply synthesizing market research and competitive intelligence and turning that into a winning go-to-market strategy
- A people leader that team members will walk through walls for: Proven ability to coach, attract, and retain amazing sales talent
- An amazing communicator: Excellent communicator internally and externally
- A competitive spirit who likes to win: Track record of consistently exceeding established revenue goals
- Based in Denver
- A lover of change: Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- A fan of speed: Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 100,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.