People are the foundation of Gusto, we strongly believe that developing world-class talent is core to our success. Our belief is that L&D enables Gusto to achieve its goals by equipping Gusties with the skills to amaze themselves and others. We are inviting a talented and passionate individual to join the team and play a critical role in creating world-class learning and development experiences for Gusties.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
The Learning and Development Operations Specialist provides technical and substantive project-based support to L&D programming within Gusto’s learning ecosystem, Grow with Gusto (GwG). As a part of the Learning & Development team within the People Team, the L&D Operations Specialist will assist the team with all training solutions as needed with a focus on continuous administration of GwG and day-of support. This position also provides customer service support to internal team members; oversees, supports, or manages special programs; and ensures L&D programs run smooth, efficient, and are effective.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Ensure governance of all programs and courses within GwG and recommend and implement appropriate updates or changes.
- Keep the training catalog up to date and organized.
- Provide consultative support to learning designers and key stakeholders on the structuring of complex learning programs and make appropriate recommendations for specific needs.
- Manages and prioritizes incoming content requests through L&D Jira board.
- Research, diagnose, and identify ways to resolve learner issues related to learning programs or system configuration.
- Create and maintain relevant learning standards documentation for GwG.
- Analyze learning data and provide basic reporting from extrapolated data, work on optimizing automated reporting.
- Curate content for Gustie development in partnership with stakeholders and L&D teammates.
- Implement and Test all new content in GwG.
- Become a SME on the GwG systems (both LearnUpon and Degreed) for all L&D and the Gustie population.
Govern, measure and share the impact of Grow with Gusto:
- Monitor GwG analytics and communicate data and metrics to inform and demonstrate learning effectiveness.
- Review learning program feedback and make recommendations on content and program changes.
- Establish a L&D dashboard (leveraging Tableau, people data and GwG insights) in partnership with People Analytics (CORD).
- Provide program completion reports and comms as needed for key compliance-related courses.
- Provide learning business partners and key stakeholders with GwG learning insights and reports as needed.
- Monitor training budget and delivery of courses/qualifications.
- Develop sound working relationships with external stakeholders and those organizations.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
- 3-5 years of experience in an L&D role.
- You are at ease with technology and enjoy analyzing data to make business decisions.
- You have great analytical skills (and a passion for data) and a desire to leverage data to make L&D decisions.
- You have a predisposition to teamwork, problem-solving, autonomy, flexibility, and eye to details.
- You enjoy collaborating with cross-functional partners to find new ways of leveraging systems to deliver learning experiences.
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar with the ability to quickly learn technology tools
- You are at your best in a fast-paced environment where you take pride in your work
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.