Gusto is looking for an organized, impactful, and communications savvy executive operations assistant.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
About the Role
Are you eager to learn from our executive team, are diligent about confidentiality needs, passionate about helping others, highly organized, and excited to take on operational responsibilities within our organization? If so, you might be a great fit for the Executive Operations - Legal & Compliance role. We need a passionate and organized self-starter who can be nimble in the wild west world of startups and technology -- someone who can multitask while keeping waters calm and maintain order in a sometimes chaotic (yet always exciting) environment. Excellent communication skills, general friendliness, and superb organization skills are mandatory.
The Legal & Compliance team is seeking an Executive Operations all-star to support teams across these organizations, including but not limited to legal, regulatory and compliance, enterprise risk management, policy and advocacy, finance and business operations, accounting, corporate development and partnerships, payment operations, business development and business intelligence. This individual will contribute to our operational excellence and efficiency by working with our Head of Legal & Compliance to ensure organization, timeliness of follow up, efficient communications within and across the company, and delivery of excellent service to our Gusto-wide and external partners.
In the role you will support our General Counsel and partner closely with our Head of Legal & Compliance and L&C leadership to calendar meetings, contribute to creating scalable and efficient team management processes, track and communicate quarterly, monthly and other planning related goals, follow up on meeting AIs and produce deliverables in a clear and concise manner, and follow up with various contributors on these teams as they prepare for presentations, meetings and other events. Ideally, you will have knack for working in slide decks and spreadsheets, and love putting in place solutions to complex organizational issues through an attention to detail and willingness to relentlessly follow up to keep our information, responses and operating cadence up to date and informative.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, ready to roll up their sleeves to dive in and learn a new area, have strong listening skills, carry themselves with the maturity needed to be trusted with some of the most sensitive information in the organization, view no task as too big or too small, and have a proactive personality to help find gaps and fill them. The individual should be comfortable with tight (and sometimes changing) deadlines, complex projects and processes, and have outstanding communication skills and organizational skills.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Time keeper: strategically prioritize and coordinate schedules
- Time genie: executive calendar leadership for internal and external meetings, both one off and recurring partner meetings
- Tracker of the most important details: help us systematize our tracking of audits, litigation cases, regulator onsites, deal timelines, and government interviews
- Project manager: Work on special projects as requested by the team which may include research, analysis, and presentation preparation - we would love for you to be open to slide deck preparation and reporting on behalf of (and alongside) the teams you support!
- Executor extraordinaire: keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel
- Meeting master: organize, attend, and track minutes/action items with an eye on making every interaction productive and enjoyable, and ensuring follow ups are met
- Expense wiz: be great with a budget and disciplined in submitting and tracking expenses
- Gifted communicator: represent executives through phone, email, and chat with various internal and external stakeholders
- Polished internal communicator: create team-wide emails, all-hands decks, off-site materials and other important messaging collateral
- Culture carrier and steward: Plan team off-sites and team-building events
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting one or more executives, or relevant experience within Gusto supporting our products, people or customers such that you understand what Gusto does and are committed to the mission of supporting it!
- Complete confidentiality on all business matters
- An interest in learning the ins and outs of finance, law, data and business growth
- Strong scheduling and travel coordination skills
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions, both written and verbal, and particularly in presentation format
- Knowledgeable about organizing team events
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion
- Someone who views no task as too big or too small and wants to be an active, equal and essential member of our teams!
- Bonus: Deep knowledge of our product
- Bonus: knowledge of process, project, and program management theory and practices