Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. We provide a modern, online people platform that helps businesses and accounting professionals onboard, pay, insure, and take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools and an increasing array of financial benefits. Gusto has home-bases in Denver, San Francisco, and New York and we serve more than 100,000 small and medium businesses, over 10,000 accounting professionals, and 1 million members nationwide.
Gusto is building a sales leadership team of innovators and goal smashers who come to learn and to serve our customers and our Gusto employees. We are pioneering an entirely different approach to selling. One where we nurture raving fans of small and medium business owners and the accountants who advise them. We do this by helping these customers solve complex people challenges with Gusto solutions. Our leaders are passionate about building the playbook and leaving a legacy and driving - always - for learning, iterating, and scaling with science, art and heart. They are thinking months / quarters/ years ahead, not just hitting monthly targets.
Our sales leaders are true empowerers of representative and inclusive teams - they will bring together teams that represent the diversity of customers we serve and help those individuals develop, grow, and pioneer a new sales model. They are in it for others and they have fans of previous team members saying - “I am better b/c I was empowered by this leader.”
- High energy, high integrity sales leader. Able to motivate, inspire and drive results
- Proven success in a similar role at a fast-growth company
- Proven ability to build a pipeline and achieve revenue targets in a predictable way
- Track record of building high-performance team cultures
- Strong relationship builder, skilled at leading and aligning large cross-functional teams to drive scale, including marketing and product
- Excellent at using data to solve problems and drive decision making
- Passion for achieving impact and results that is driven by an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong social selling and persuasion skills with a strong sales process discipline in a subscription-based or SaaS business sales models
What the job involves
We’re looking for an exceptional hands-on sales leader that is ready to take on the challenge of building Gusto. In this role, you will lead a team of sales advisors (ranging from early-career professionals to tenured Account Executives and Managers), who are acquiring small and medium businesses and accountants onto the Gusto People Platform. In this role, you will.
- Drive the Business:
- You will drive fast short-term growth, while also building a scalable acquisition engine for long-term
- Grow the number of subscribers and/or accountants using the Gusto people platform and meeting monthly revenue goals and focus on upsell and account penetration with the customer needs at the forefront
- Set and achieve ambitious goals by focusing on process improvements that will shorten sales cycles and make them more efficient—not just higher volume (and when you hit your ambitious goals - you aim higher)
- Accurately forecast pipelines and define and develop scalable sales processes and procedures
- Align teams (product, marketing, etc.) to a unified strategy and roadmap
- Provide input to product priorities and marketing campaigns
- Work with supporting teams (data, business ops, recruiting, etc) to build infrastructure for a growing team and customer base
- Build a Representative and Inclusive Team
- Hire, develop and manage a growing, high-performing sales team with an exceptional team culture defined by high standards, deep care, and psychological safety
- Celebrate and encourage us to think creatively about how to reward progress, not perfection, and winning/growing/learning/getting better as a team.
- We’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Model awareness and Gusto Values
- Communicate for Impact
- At the pace we move, communication that is radically candid, clear and crisp in audiences of all sizes is imperative.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $118,000-$145,000 in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.