Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
As a beloved brand with a high NPS, Gusto’s growth has traditionally been driven by word-of-mouth and customer love. We are looking for a senior, data-driven Growth Marketing Manager to amplify customer acquisition in our organic channels through customer-first SEO. As a crucial leader in our growth marketing discipline, you’ll be responsible for driving growth across our corporate and content sites through first principles SEO strategy and cross-functional execution coupled with a deep and continuous understanding of performance data and insights.
You’ll own SEO revenue goals and be responsible for a prioritized roadmap of projects informed by customer pain points and data insights. You’ll drive end-to-end execution through collaboration with product, brand, and engineering teams, and report results and insights to partners and executives.
You’ll also help inform our top-of-funnel content strategy through your partnership with our editorial team, helping them prioritize projects and make decisions with clear understanding of what’s working in terms of traffic, user engagement, and lead generation. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to grow meaningfully as a team leader as we look to build our SEO and growth functions.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own and deliver against SEO revenue goals.
- Create and manage a prioritized roadmap based on identified growth opportunities, customer insights, and business priorities.
- Oversee SEO implementation across content and corporate sites.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on SEO channel performance, including leads, customers, traffic, site utilization, keyword performance, site performance, and competitive benchmarking.
- Combine internal and external research to identify key growth opportunities, making recommendations or managing projects to expand and optimize Gusto.
- Analyze and report on site usability and make SEO-informed recommendations to product and marketing teams responsible for site architecture, navigability, and interactive elements.
- Advise editorial and product marketing partners on SEO best practices, including site and data architecture, URL structure, metadata, on-page copy etc.
- Stay updated on SEO developments, trends, and industry best practices.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years in a high-performing SEO marketing role at B2B or B2SMB company.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in fast-moving, cross-functional environments.
- Strong domain knowledge of SEO -- on-page, off-page, content, technical, site architecture etc -- but the ability to approach it from a customer-centric point of view.
- Experience building and managing SEO analytics dashboards, including proficiency with tools such as SEMrush, Conductor, Google Analytics, GSC, BrightEdge, Ahrefs etc.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.