Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making for a major business line at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Then come join the Finance & BizOps (FBOS) team at Gusto based in San Francisco! The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to “define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.”
As part of this team, you will drive planning, resource allocation and operations for the Benefits cross-functional team in this high impact, high responsibility role. You’ll gain experience creating and managing financial plans, conducting market research, and being a thought partner to operators in scaling the current Benefits product portfolio as well as launching new Benefits products in the future.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Planning. Build and maintain financial and operational plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets.
- Business Analytics. Conduct research, analysis, and business modeling to help Benefits leadership make financially sound and strategically aligned decisions that thoughtfully weight opportunities and risk
- Performance Management. Help continuously improve reporting frameworks and define/track the right KPI to drive better product management decisions with data-informed insights.
- Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future -- we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity, and with Operational SaaS experience. You have a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Technical skills. You’re an excel pro with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment. You have impactful data visualization skills in Tableau, Looker or other BI tools. You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to tend to the blades of grass, while not losing sight of the broader landscape.
- Discipline & Attitude. You have impressive time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality.
- Location. This role can be based in Denver or SF.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.