Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We're looking for a talented lead product designer to join our Customer Experience team in our Denver office. At Gusto, we define a successful customer experience as one that combines both great software and service. In this role, you’ll help reimagine how our customers get the help they need, when they need it, by making our products more self-serve, and assisting our internal customer service agents become trusted advisors to them by making internal tools easy and enjoyable to use.
Design is part of a cross-disciplinary group of researchers, writers, engineers, and product managers that help build our products. Together, we craft thoughtful experiences that have a profound and positive impact on small businesses and their employees.
As a product designer on the Customer Experience team, you will be driving design concepts, creating UX flows and prototypes, conducting research, and defining final designs for several customer and internal employee facing experiences. You’ll be working directly with engineering and product management partners to develop strategy and execute on your designs. You'll also be part of a larger, extended design team and creative community in San Francisco, Denver, and New York.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research, to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing product lines
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Care to build and ship experiences that keep our customers and internal customer service agents constantly delighted
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion and strong cross-functional collaboration
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of related professional experience, leading design initiatives and strategy on a mix of consumer and enterprise experiences
- Service design mindset
- A pro at using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- Humble spirit
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Experience with customer care tools is a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.