Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto’s Business Development team focuses on evaluating and executing strategic partnerships in focused categories. As a Partner Manager, you will build relationships with existing partners to drive incremental new business for Gusto and the partners. You will collaborate with the Strategic Partnerships team to drive joint go-to-market and product roadmap activities. You will report on the success of each relationship and work to make improvements where necessary. You will be involved in training the partner on Gusto products, our value proposition and process to begin driving revenue through the channel.
You thrive at training, supporting, growing, and going deep with a book of large strategic relationships over time. You’re comfortable driving cross-functional initiatives involving the partner, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build relationships with our ecosystem and distribution partners with a focus on activating relationships to bring more leads/customers to Gusto. Your primary focus is to materially increase the productivity of these relationships
- Set clear mutual commitments with Gusto’s partners to ensure proper forecasting and resourcing of partner relationships
- Serve as the primary point of contact for your portfolio of partners, have bi-weekly check-ins, quarterly business reviews(“QBRs”), and a roadmap of activities, campaigns, and experiments that will drive the partnership forward
- Creates and updates account plans regarding Partners within their assigned area of responsibility
- Identify and execute go-to-market opportunities with top partners and partner internally with relevant teams to launch various activities; sales enablement, content collaboration, events, further product integrations, etc.
- Understand the needs of joint customers, build compelling joint customer case studies, and use data to showcase the usefulness of integrations
- Work with Marketing to support partners with educational materials, product-related collateral, case studies, webinars, in-person training curriculum, etc. and educate partners on the Gusto value proposition for their clients through presentations and demos
- Become a domain expert in your partner category to provide valuable feedback to Product, Marketing, and Sales on our partner value propositions and positioning
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in previous partner management, account management, and/or technical sales experience in comparable industries and verticals.
- A top performer: Meet or exceed assigned quota for BD generated business within assigned area of responsibility
- A strategic mindset: Ability to think strategically, crisply synthesizing market research and competitive intelligence and turning that into a winning go-to-market strategy
- An amazing communicator: Excellent communicator internally and externally
- A fan of speed: Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Based in SF, 30% domestic travel.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.