Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Come join the Finance & BizOps (FBOS) team at Gusto! At Gusto, we serve over 100,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software platform, affording them peace of mind with these complicated tasks while saving time and helping them create great places to work.
The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.
In this high impact, high responsibility role, you will lead the FBOS team’s partnership with the Customer Experience team and serve as the primary coverage partner to Gusto’s Head of Customer Experience. At the same time, you won’t be afraid to dive directly into the data and form your own analytical perspective on strategic and operational decisions.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Planning & Performance Management. Work with senior executives across our customer experience teams to plan and measure how resources are deployed. Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of broader business objectives.
- Steward the profitability of the business. Deeply understand cost to serve and gross margin by customer segment and build roadmaps towards future profitability goals. Identify opportunities to invest in future margin expansion and help product, engineering, and operations team understand return on investment.
- Support of the CX program. Provide day-to-day support and thought partnership to our Head of CX and CX Operators, including ad hoc decision making support, reporting and analyses, cross-functional collaboration and one-off projects.
- Scale performance efficiently. Develop hiring models and a vision for how to best scale support as we 2x → 5x → 10x our customer-base.
- Connect CX metrics to business outcomes. Provide insight into how delivering an exceptional high NPS customer experience connects to business outcomes including retention and ARR expansion.
- Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future -- we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. You have 8+ years of relevant work experience including 2+ years of operational finance & strategy work in SaaS, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.). Investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity experience is a plus.
- FP&A. You can build and manage budgets. You’re adept at working with cross functional partners to help them understand how to manage headcount, discretionary spending, and grow the company efficiency.
- Management Reporting. Support key corporate reporting requirements, e.g. company level KPI tracking, performance to plan and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- Technical skills. You have the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment. You have impactful data visualization skills in Tableau, Looker or other BI tools. You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL.
- Soft skills. You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, front-line team members and everyone in between. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-provider mentality.
- Leadership. You will build a team of FBOS partners, and have the ability to empower individual contributors and unleash their potential.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.