People Programs: Engineering Insights & Operations
The Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) Insights & Operations team helps set, drive, and execute on strategic & operational priorities for our EPD teams, such as planning & ops, performance insights & metrics, special projects, and people programs. We seek to make our Engineering, Product, and Design organization and its individuals more effective, efficient, and ready for scale.
Within our team, we are looking for an experienced leader to design, build, and implement “People Programs” for EPD. This means developing & running wide-ranging internal programs to help EPD Gusties reach their full potential around onboarding, training, mentorship, development, and recognition, all in partnership with our EPD leadership team.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design, build, and implement internal people programs to enable a successful & healthy EPD team. Example programs include:
- Recruiting: recruiting strategy, interviewer onboarding and training, data analysis
- Onboarding: Engineering onboarding content and bootcamps
- Learning & Development: internal and external technical training, new manager training
- Career development: career mentorship initiatives, career rotations
- Identify, implement, and communicate improvements to scale existing programs or increase their efficiency
- Anticipate and investigate the need for new EPD people-related initiatives, define them and their success metrics, and work with stakeholders to implement them
- Work with cross-functional leaders across EPD and People teams to understand needs and identify pain points
- Use data to provide business and people-related insights and recommendations
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at fast-growing startups in support of technical teams (e.g. Engineering, Product, Design)
- 2-3+ years of programmatic experience focused on people operations, learning & development, and/or HR business partnerships
- Experience designing, building, and implementing large-scale operational programs from scratch
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools (Elucidat, Articulate, Captivate, Brainshark, Bridge or other LMS) a plus but not required
- Hypothesis-driven, structured problem solving skills tied to strong business judgment
- Detail orientation and organization, with the ability to also see the forest from the trees
- Thrives in fast-paced, get-stuff-done environments and can easily juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Strong and empathetic business partner, with the ability to connect and work closely with technical teams and a deep passion for helping others reach their full potential
- Executive written and verbal communication, and ability to influence senior leaders
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
We are on a journey to transform work into a community where people feel connected, valued and energized. To do this, Gusto is deeply committed to hiring candidates across all backgrounds and experiences to build world-class products and serve our vibrant and ever-growing community of customers.