Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Do you have a passion to create and optimize experiences that help build a sustainable growth loop of long-term engaged users? Are you obsessed with creating clear and simple experiences that delight users and makes their lives easier? Do you live and breathe data? Do you work at the intersection of interaction design, visual design, customer empathy, and product thinking? If so, you may be a great fit for the Product Designer, Growth position at Gusto.
In this role, you’ll lead design efforts with a mission to create effective user onboarding experiences that make a lasting first impression, adapt to various customer mindsets and needs, and ensure that customers are set up for success. In addition, you will help evolve Gusto into an opinionated partner that guides our customers to adopt and use relevant experiences, at the right time, that solve real needs.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Co-develop the vision for awareness, trial, adoption, and successful setup of Gusto's product experiences, and lead the end-to-end process to deliver on it
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion and strong cross-functional collaboration
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions
- Define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs as part of a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with our products across customer journeys
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales to meet/exceed key KPIs
- Use brand guidelines effectively to create experiences that build our brand and achieve business goals
- Go beyond best practices and think outside of the box when it comes to growth design strategies
- Mentor designers and cross-functional partners in how best to approach problems, moving quickly and driving high quality and impactful outcomes
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of related professional experience with a plethora of successful design experimentation for growth related initiatives
- Strong expertise across product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- Expert in combining typography, layout, color, and modern user interaction patterns into strong visual communication
- A pro at using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Have a growth mindset and know how to avoid over-engineering or over-designing by focusing on the business impact of the designs you ship
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Humble spirit
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.