You will also be one of our resident benefits experts, potentially serving as an external spokesperson on benefits-related issues as well as acting as a thought partner to cross-functional teams.
About the team
Gusto’s Content team is the primary driver of organic acquisition at the company. We are a creative-yet-data focused team of content creators/subject matter experts, social media specialists, SEO analysts, and growth marketers who are driven by the dual missions of helping small business owners everywhere while increasing Gusto’s bottom line.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Write, edit, and publish content focused on:
- Small employer-focused news and policy developments related to health, life, and disability insurance, retirement planning, college savings, HSA/FSA and more.
- Navigating cost and affordability as an SMB
- The benefits (!) of offering benefits, especially as a recruitment/retention strategy
- Industry-specific benefits
- Partner with our SEO team to understand the search opportunity in the benefits space and systematically execute on a roadmap to capture that opportunity
- Partner with our brand and product marketing teams to script and host webinars, educational videos, and digital live events aimed at helping prospects and current customers
- Serve as an internal SME who can advise cross-functional partners such as sales, product marketing, customer marketing, and product management on benefits-related questions and initiatives
- Serve as Gusto’s spokesperson for benefits-related issues, working closely with our Communications team on press interviews and industry events
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate should be a subject matter expert who has worked in advocacy/policy or content creation. Bonus points if you’ve run your own small business or have experience with SMBs!
- 7+ years experience creating and analyzing health insurance or retirement benefits content, and the ability to quickly gain expertise in other types of benefits
- Well articulated, strongly-held positions and opinions on pertinent benefits-related issues, such as the role of employers in employee wellness, QSEHRA, ACA and others.
- 3+ years in digital content creation for a consumer/small business audience
- Licensing as an insurance broker or a retirement plan advisor
- Strong oral communication skills; media experience a plus!
- Experience running, working with, or advocating for small businesses
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.