Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We believe the value Gusto brings will extend to new areas. Our mission includes doing much more than simply dislodging existing service providers in the payroll industry. We are actively building and launching new products and strategies for the future that will serve both employers and employees in new ways that will require and enable invention of new data-driven distribution strategies over time.
As a Marketing Planning & Forecasting Lead at Gusto, you’ll help us deliver insights that drive action. You’ll help us build a world class forecasting and planning discipline as we scale our marketing programs to millions of small businesses. The work includes creating and maintaining our demand forecast, reporting variances, and helping us understand growth drivers and areas of opportunity. You’ll also help with sizing and scenario planning across our growth portfolio, including conversion optimization, lead generation, and LTV and will be the go-to on what’s working and what’s not. You’ll be responsible for creating compelling management reporting on performance for consumption by various stakeholders, including leaders in sales, marketing, and finance. In summary, this role is not about reporting but about triggering the most effective action. You’ll be surrounded by adept complementary partners in performance marketing, data science, business intelligence, data engineering, and more.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Scenario planning & analysis
- Create and iterate on total company level reporting and analysis of marketing campaign and portfolio performance, company growth investment scenarios and decision making, and revenue and budget planning
- Support marketing in reporting on yield optimization experiments
- Create and iterate on data products for use by the Marketing team in the forecasting and planning process
- Creating models that help marketing stakeholders expose opportunities, plan scenarios, and generate forecasts and plans. This includes using advanced tools like pacing algorithms, waterfalls, and automated outputs.
- Developing standard reporting to enable stakeholders to easily understand performance trends, including charts, graphs, and other easy to consume outputs
- Report on forecast accuracy, including analyzing actual performance to plan vs. forecasted and developing improvements over time
- Deliver a weekly forecast update to key stakeholders
- Partner on advancing data maturity at Gusto
- Partner with business intelligence team to define corporate metrics and measures, including key KPIs and data dictionaries
- Partner with data science where they can support us as needed on growth modeling, funnel analytics, lead scoring, and advanced analytics
- Partner with sales, finance, and marketing to integrate acquisition analytics across channels and along the funnel
- Build a world class forecasting and planning discipline in partnership with our marketing leadership team and finance
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience overall, including direct experience with financial analysis, modeling, or forecasting and planning
- Experience preparing and iterating on management reporting for a diverse audience
- Experience as an analyst highly desired, including experience writing SQL queries, and consuming reports from BI tools like Looker & Tableau
- Experience with creating compelling data driven storylines in excel, powerpoint, and word for consumption by executives
- Advanced user of Excel, with multiple years of experience building complex models from the ground up
- Understanding of basic statistics highly desired, including how to use statistical methods to generate accurate forecasts
- Experience working with marketing teams a plus but not required
- Experience with scenario planning and sensitivity analysis highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, and a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong working partnerships with cross functional teams
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.