Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering small business employers to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, and HR by automating the most complicated and impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful. Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll for hundreds of thousands of employees.
Are you a highly organized individual with an interest in the future of finances? We’re looking for a Licensing Analyst to join our Legal & Compliance team to support our growth, help us scale our mission critical compliance programs, and manage our licensing efforts in all 50 states.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and project management skills, experience with or exposure to various licensing types in the corporate and financial services sector, and a strong background in the compliance and/or legal operations field (or experience in financial services, and a willingness to join the Legal & Compliance function!). Like us, the ideal candidate will take pride in sweating the details.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Support our Legal & Compliance team with both larger strategic projects and day to day operations critical to our business
- Lead our state licensing initiatives end to end for lending and money transmission licenses
- Work with our Compliance and Legal teams to support and continuously improve our compliance processes
- Additional support of our Legal & Compliance team as needed
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- B.A. or B.S.
- 3+ years of financial services, paralegal, legal operations and/or compliance experience, with a preference for fintech experience
- State licensing experience strongly preferred, particularly experience with money transmission, lending, and collections agency licenses
- Notary Public or willingness to become one
- Experience and comfort navigating State and Federal regulatory compliance requirements under the guidance of our expert attorneys!
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with a get-stuff-done attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-direction and a knack for spotting issues and solving problems
- Someone passionate about financial inclusion and the mission that Gusto’s on - to create a world where work empowers a better life!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto. Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.