Are you eager to learn from our executive team, passionate about helping others, highly organized, and excited to take on operational responsibilities within our organization? If so, you might be a fit for the Executive Assistant, People & Finance role. We need a passionate and organized self-starter who can be nimble in the wild west world of startups and technology -- someone who can multitask while keeping waters calm and maintain order in a sometimes chaotic (yet always exciting) environment. Excellent communication skills, general friendliness, and superb organization and communication skills are mandatory.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Time keeper: strategically prioritize and coordinate schedules
- Time genie: executive calendar leadership for internal and external meetings
- Travel planner: flights, hotels, transportation, dining
- Project manager: Work on special projects as requested by the team which may include research, analysis, and presentation preparation
- Executor extraordinaire: keep multiple teams and projects on track in parallel
- Meeting master: organize, attend, and track minutes/action items with an eye on making every interaction productive and enjoyable
- Expense wiz: be great with a budget and disciplined in submitting and tracking expenses
- Gifted communicator: represent executives through phone, email, and chat with various internal and external stakeholders
- Polished internal communicator: create team-wide emails, all-hands decks, off-site materials
- Culture carrier and steward: Plan team off-sites and team-building events
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of administrative experience supporting one or more executives, or relevant experience
- Complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Strong scheduling and travel coordination skills
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Knowledgeable about organizing team events
- Experience serving as a project lead from conception to completion
- Bonus: Knowledge of process, project, and program management theory and practices
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.