Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
In this role, you will empower a team of Gusties to meet their fullest potential, stay up to date on credit trends and work cross functionally to improve Gusto’s credit framework. You will be responsible for helping make Gusto the safest and most secure payroll and benefits solution. We currently process several billions of annual payroll, but with your help, we will process more in a safe and sustainable way. Your impact will be felt throughout the company.
Here's what you'll do day to day:
- Recover Funds. You are able to build innovative solutions to solve credit issues for small businesses across the US.
- Build a team. Build a high performance Risk Operations team that is data driven, highly effective, and extremely efficient.
- Operate cutting-edge tools. Scope and drive continual enhancements to our systems and processes to identify and eliminate fraudulent activity.
- Work closely with key stakeholders. Work cross-functionally with internal teams, our customers, and external partners (including banks, law enforcement, etc.).
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. 3-5 years of experience in credit and/or collections experience. Bonus if in FinTech or payments industries.
- People Empowerment. 1 - 3 years of managing small teams. You love building, coaching and mentoring a team of Risk Operations professionals.
- Thought Process. An insatiable appetite for problem solving, knack for structured thinking, ability to spot unusual patterns, and sharp attention to detail.
- Values. Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Discipline. Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process and policy oriented.
- Attitude. Goal-oriented, positive, and proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Communicates well with others.
- Background. Minimum B.S./B.A. Strong analytical skills and fluency in SQL. A passion for large data sets.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.