Do you have a passion to create and optimize experiences that help build a sustainable growth loop of long-term engaged users? Are you obsessed with clear and simple experiences that get out of the way of users? Do you live and breathe data? Do you identify yourself at the intersection of strong interaction design, visual design, customer empathy, and product thinking? If so, you may be a great fit for the Product Design Lead, Growth position at Gusto.
In this role, you’ll join forces with Product Management and Engineering leaders to lead a cross-functional team with a mission to drive awareness, trial, and adoption of Gusto product experiences that provide an unparalleled fit with growing customer needs. You'll have a high level of ownership and visibility as you'll be the first Product Design Lead on this important mission.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion and strong cross-functional collaboration
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions
- Define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs as part of a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with our products across customer journeys
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales to meet/exceed acquisition, engagement, and retention KPIs
- Use brand guidelines effectively to create experiences that are on brand and achieve business goals
- Go beyond best practices and think outside of the box when it comes to growth marketing strategies
- Recruit, hire, and mentor a team of product designers through high expectations and a critical eye for detail
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of related professional experience with a plethora of successful design experimentation for user acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Strong expertise across product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- Expert in combining typography, layout, color, and modern user interaction patterns into strong visual communication
- A pro at using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Have a growth mindset and know how to avoid over-engineering or over-designing by focusing on the business impact of the designs you ship
- Ability to inspire and influence others by communicating clearly and connecting with people across different levels of the organization
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Humble spirit
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Prior management experience with a team of direct reports is nice to have
- SaaS or FinTech experience is nice to have
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.