Do you have a passion to create and lead highly effective design teams that help build a sustainable growth loop of long-term engaged users? Are you obsessed with clear and simple experiences that get out of the way of users? Do you live and breathe data? Do you identify yourself at the intersection of strong interaction design, visual design, customer empathy, and product thinking? If so, you may be a great fit for the Product Design Leadership, Growth position at Gusto.
In this role, you’ll join forces with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing leadership to lead a cross-functional team with a mission to solve for product growth efforts (e.g. user acquisition, activation, retention, expansion, etc) through a holistic approach that supports key company objectives and maintains success for the long-term.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Drive the design vision and strategy for holistic product growth
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion and strong cross-functional collaboration
- Work with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales leadership to meet/exceed key KPIs
- Develop a strong sense of customer understanding and bring the voice of our customers into the decision making process
- Instill a mindset of pairing quantitative data and qualitative insights to drive iterative design and experimentation
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to lead quarterly planning, quarterly business reviews, and prioritization activities
- Provide thought leadership by contributing to the broader team, organization, and culture
- Recruit, hire, and mentor a team of product designers through high expectations and a critical eye for detail
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of related professional experience leading design teams through successful design efforts to drive product growth and solve complex UX problems
- Strong expertise across product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- A holistic product growth mindset that goes beyond momentary wins
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- A pro at using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- People management, team development, and recruiting experience
- Ability to inspire and influence others by communicating clearly and connecting with people across different levels of the organization
- Strong focus on the business impact of design
- Humble spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- SaaS or FinTech experience is a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.